Code of Conduct
Wasa YogaCenter agrees to and follows the Yoga Alliance’s Code of Conduct, which is a declaration of acceptable ethical and professional behaviour for any establishment that conducts the teaching and/or business of yoga.
Our teachers and members agree to:
- Conduct themselves in a professional and conscientious manner. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that they live up to any commitments they make to their students or to the public, and ensuring that their practices and behaviours conform to the representations they make about themselves in holding themselves as yoga practitioners who adhere to certain precepts.
- Acknowledge the limitations of their skills and scopes of practice and, where appropriate, referring students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment, or direction.
- Create and maintain safe, clean, and comfortable environments for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment or harassment based on other legal protected characteristics.
- Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the yamas and niyamas.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to their yoga teaching and business.